Marriage Licenses

General Information
  • In-person license fees may be paid with cash, credit/debit or check. Online license fess may be paid only with credit/debit and an additional $20 waivable fee is assessed for applying online (sorry, the State requires it).
  • Fees are non-refundable.
  • Licenses are valid for 32 days from the date of purchase. Do not apply for a license until you are within 32 days of your ceremony date. Licenses can be used anywhere in Utah.
  • The fee is $50.00 for a marriage license which includes 2 certified copies
  • Additional certified copies are $10.00 for the first copy and $2.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.
  • Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Must have valid picture ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, State ID)
  • Clerks within our office can officiate your wedding both on and offsite for an additional fee
Apply Online
  • Reminder: fees are non-refundable
  • Be prepared to upload copies of each applicant’s ID and a selfie, as directed on the application. Missed this step when applying? Use the button below to submit your documents.
  • Once ID is verified, we will email your license along with instructions for your officiator.
  • Print a color copy of your license.
  • Print a copy of the officiant instructions worksheet to give to the individual performing your ceremony
  • Use black ink for all required signatures. The information must be complete before you/your officiator returns the completed license to us.
Apply for a Marriage License Online

Applied online already? Upload documents for ID Verification (if you haven’t already done so)

Apply In Person
  • Reminder: Fees are non-refundable
  • Walk-in or schedule an appointment online.
  • Both parties must be present with ID.
  • Cash, check or card can be used for payment.
  • Plan on 15-20 mins to fill out the application in person
Schedule Online Appointment

Please, no walk-in services after 4:15pm

Request a copy of your existing marriage license here!

Ready to change your name after getting married?
Once you receive your certified copies of your completed marriage license, visit these entities to complete your name change:

Date-Your-Mate-Keeping-Your-Relationship-SweetFREE Dating and Marriage ResourcesDate Your Mate Adventure Guides
The Utah Marriage Handbook


Tracy Shaw, County Clerk
Email Tracy Shaw

Phone: (435) 843-3140

8:00 am – 5:00 pm – Mon – Fri

*Please, no walk-in services after 4:15 pm.
General Information
Additional requirements for MINORS AGES 16 – 17
  • Must appear in person by appointment accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
  • Must present certified Birth Certificate (issued by the State).
  • In the case of divorced parents, the parent must provide proof of guardianship (court papers) to be attached to the application.
Additional requirements for MINORS AGE 15
A Petition for Authorization to Marry and Court Order form must be obtained from the Clerk’s Office and taken to the Juvenile Court Judge in addition to requirements for minor ages 16-17.